At 16:58 10.03.01 +0900, Samantha Atkins wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I saw some references that looked sort of like Java on Ruby or vice
>versa in the various Ruby links but all the links to this (whatever it
>was) are broken in all pages I find them in.  What is the real story on
>Java<->Ruby interaction and producing a Ruby that compiles to JVM
>byte-codes and can read and manipulate Java objects?

As far as I know, there is no such thing. The Java Ruby Interface
which is available at ftp://ftp.netlab.co.jp/pub/lang/ruby/contrib/
allows to use java classes in your Ruby code - well, if it
would compile . . .

BTW, has anyone got this running?

>For one thing, I would
>use it exclusively if it were present and stable, from testing and
>interactively implementing Java stuff (which most of my paying gigs
>currently require).

For this, have you already tried BeanShell or Interactive Java?

http://www.beanshell.org/
http://www-sop.inria.fr/koala/djava/

-
Tammo Freese