On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:10:42 +0000, Thursday wrote:

> I think Ruby's popularity is growing, but I can't help but wonder what
> we can do to accelerate its adoption.

Why, what do you hope to achieve?

> I think we've all seen superior technologies go extinct due to bad
> marketing/perception--sadly, perception can be more important than
> reality at times.

The technologies that went extinct were tied to companies that died or
abandoned them.   There is no danger of that with Ruby.

So if this is the only reason to worry about adoption, instead of just
improving Ruby for ourselves, I think it's wasted effort.

Remember this, too: the more useful Ruby is for those who use it, the more
useful Ruby is for those who would use it.

--
Neil Stevens - neil / hakubi.us
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who