On Dec 25, 2004, at 4:25 PM, Michael Neumann wrote:

> Lately (as I was dissatified with Ruby's current continuation
> implementation), I remembered that we had a Ruby-In-Ruby project some
> years ago. Python has PyPy, which got even fund by EU. Squeak in
> mostly written in itself, too.
>
> So the question is, do we get enough interested people together that
> would work on such a project?

We've got a fairly good start w/ our ruby2c translator. The long term
goal is to reimplement ruby in ruby and translate it to C in much the
same way that Squeak smalltalk does. More info:

IRC: #ruby2c
rubyforge: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby2c/
Propaganda: http://www.zenspider.com/~ryand/Ruby2C.pdf