On Friday 24 December 2004 11:45 am, Michael W Thelen wrote:

| I feel like making some reference to Ruby to stay on-topic, but I can't
| think of anything to say.  (Ruby rules.)

How bout writting a Dvorak typing tutorial in Ruby? Then maybe I'd give it a
go.

Speaking of which (and sorry I haven't followed this thread more) there are a
number of things I think keyboard could use to "modernize". Some that I've
thought of:

  * A distinction between hyphen and minus.
  * Infinity symbol
  * Keys for Bold/Strong, Italic/Emphasis and Underline.
  * A Page key instead of pgdn and pgup so combos work:
      Pg+Up (page up)
      Pg+Dn (page down)
      Pg+Home (top of page)
      Pg+x (close tab or window)
      etc.
  * Change the Alt key's name to Menu.
  * A real Alt key, allows a key to have a variat symbol
    and antoehr Shift+Alt symbol. Think C64! Plus it could be
    used to provide literal representations of certain codes
    like ESC and SPACE.

Anyone have other ideas?

T.