On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Donald Huebschman wrote:

> I would like to submit to the RAA a ruby Rijndael cryptography class.
>
> !. How do I post it to a publicly available location like
> ftp.ruby-lang.org since I don't maintain my own site. And, what is
> required for a page like www.ruby-lang.org uses.

Consider setting up a Sourceforge project page if you intend to continue
maintaining it. FTP, CVS and web space are provided as is a compile farm
(which may let you test it properly, ask to have Ruby installed if it
isn't).

> 2. I developed this on MacOSX beta, is there some mechanism to
> incorparate changes needed by other operating systems, i.e. Microsoft,
> other than a feedback through comments by users or each user on his
> own to make it work on his system? I am deeply grateful to the Darwin
> implementers of Ruby.

Ugh. If there's a unified porting document and you find it please post a
link. I'm in somewhat the same state - RDBrowse is currently riddled with
Unixisms that I'm trying to replace with more portable equivalents (i.e.
add a Tk interface for Windows users, replace shell operations with direct
library calls) - so I'd be happy to volunteer to test on Linux.

Jonathan Conway