Nicholas Van Weerdenburg <vanweerd / gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 04:36:24 +0900, Mikael Brockman <mikael / phubuh.org> wrote:
> > Hans Fugal <fugalh / xmission.com> writes:
> >
> > > Roeland Moors wrote:
> > > So remap caps to ctrl. caps is not only mostly useless, it's much
> > > bigger than it should be on most laptop keyboards, but it makes a
> > > great ctrl.
> >
> > Or do what RMS does: lug around a Happy Hacking keyboard and disable
> > your laptop's keyboard.  Also grow a nice beard.
>
> Some one posted the Happy Hacking keyboard a few days ago. It seems
> extremely expensive ($250+). There is a lite version ($70) but I'm
> unclear what the difference is.
>
> While off-topic, I'd be keen to hear opinions from users.

The non-lite variant has keys of pure gold and springs made
out of small children.

I have the light one and I love it so much.  Backspace being
a row down took some getting used to, but it's easier to
hit.  And it's so tiny!  I can fit a lot more empty bottles
and take-away boxes and toys on my desk now.  Lets me keep
the mouse a good bit closer, too.

Straying further off-topic, I switched to Dvorak when I got
it, a couple off weeks ago.  Those were the most
unproductive and miserable weeks of my life.  But I'm
getting good at it!  Good enough to type stuff comfortably.
I'm at like 5/8ths of my (former) QWERTY speed, and it's
oh-so-comfortable to type.  It feels like I'm always on the
home row.  So, uh, yeah.

Hugs and kisses,
Mikael