> Now, if the next version works with Madeleine too instead of requiring
> a relational database setup, it could be the Instiki of Web frameworks
> :)

I've actually been thinking about this for a while. The primary thing
that attracted me to Madeleine was the pain of doing ORM. But as Active
Record has matured, I'm not really feeling pain as much as enjoyment.
So my interest in alternatives have indeed waned a bit.

Madeleine is still a wonderful project and I'd really like to see
tighter integration with Rails.

But the future of a no-dependency Rails setup is likely to lie in
auto-generated .exe and .app targets from rake that includes SQLite3 to
make for no dependency setups of all kinds.

That is currently the idea for Instiki on Rails.
--
David Heinemeier Hansson,
http://www.basecamphq.com/   -- Web-based Project Management