Kaspar Schiess wrote:
> Sarah Tanembaum wrote:
>

>>Does it require X Windows server?
>

> Hello Sarah,
>
> After referring myself to some code, I can say that win32 native display is
> not supported by ImageMagick. So I would have to compile and package
> RMagick with an X windows server. This is not an immediate priority to me,
> since that would bloat the RMagick 'gem' further.
>
> So no, no Image#display on Win32 systems.
>
> best regards,
> kaspar
>
> hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby

Hi Kaspar, is it true that ImageMagick does not have native windows
display? PHP seems to work with the native windows, or perhaps thru the
browsers?

At any case, I tried it also with X Windows(cygwin) as well, and it
still give me the following error:

X:\websites\windev\images>irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'RMagick'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> include Magick
=> Object
irb(main):003:0> cat = ImageList.new("N-1.JPG")
=> [N-1.JPG JPEG 720x480 DirectClass 8-bit 65kb]
scene=0
irb(main):004:0> cat.display
Magick::ImageMagickError: X Window library is not available `N-1.JPG':
         from (irb):4:in `display'
         from (irb):4
irb(main):005:0>

Just to make sure, I'm able to display xterm, eyes, and any x
application that comes with cygwin.

Any ideas?