Hello Sarah,

> Does it require X Windows server? Or, can it use Windows native display?

I have always assumed that .display only used X-Windows display and that
therefore, this could not be made work. But now that you say I think there
is native display in ImageMagick. That means you just hit on a
configuration problem with my binary distribution. I will see if this can
be worked around/fixed in production release of 'RMagick'.

As I always display my images using a GUI toolkit or a browser, this has
never occurred to me as a problem. Sorry to have you hit on it.

yours, kaspar

hand manufactured code - www.tua.ch/ruby