I have a build that I could structure as a large number of tasks (not
file-based) with the following pattern:

task :a do
    do stuff with <the target for :a> with <the params for :a>
end

task :b do
    do stuff for <the target for :b> with <the params for :b>
end

I don't think rules are the right tool here for me. Would it make sense for
rake tasks to optionally take parameters:

task :a do |x, y, z|
    do stuff with x y z
end

And would it make sense for rake to pick up x, y, z (and :a) from command
line parameters ?

If the dependency mechanism :a => [:b] had some way to know which of :a's
xyz params, if any, to pass on to :b, would this task-flow network with
parameters be useful more broadly?

Thanks!