On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:53:07AM +0100, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> Hello Marcel,
>
> MMJ> On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 08:07:28AM +0900, Lothar Scholz wrote:
> >> i played a little bit with VI because i plan to add a compatibility
> >> mode to ArachnoRuby and i found that returning from input to command
> >> mode with escape breaks the VI rule of leaving your hands on the
> >> keyboard.
> >>
> >> I found that Control-I would be much better (and easy to remember)
> >> then escape.
> >>
> >> Is this just my personal problem or do others feel the same ?
>
> MMJ> Other ways of leaving insert mode:
>
> MMJ> Ctrl-[
> MMJ> Ctrl-c
> MMJ> Ctrl-<Space>
>
> Thanks,
> but only  "Ctrl-c" works with my VIM 6.3.
>
> And none of them are mentionend in the 3 key binding listings i found
> on the web:
>
> http://vh224401.truman.edu/~dbindner/mirror/vi-ref.pdf
> http://www.selectorweb.com/vi.html
> http://my.pages.de/vi-refcard.html
>
> So can you please tell me what version of VI or VIM you use.

I just tried in 6.3.25, 6.2.270 and 6.3.31 and all three worked though if
you go into vim, immediately go into insert mode and then try them only
Ctrl-c works (the other two reporting "No inserted text yet"), though
any such attempt beyond that will work the same for all three so maybe
it was this initial failure that signaled to you that only Ctrl-c works.

If you'd like to continue further we should probably take it off
list. Hope this helps.

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <marcel / vernix.org>