On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:37:12 +0900, Dee.Zsombor / freemail.hu
<Dee.Zsombor / freemail.hu> wrote:

> If you only want details about implementation internals you can
> always use the source ...

I appreciate the sentiment, but that's like saying that if you want to
understand how a car works you just need to look under the hood.

I've dug through the Ruby source code on more than one occasion to try
to get a handle on some of the trickier aspects of Ruby's
implementation, such as garbage collection or threads. It's easy
enough to see that some isolated function sets some variable to some
value; but without some higher-level explanations of the important
data structures and processes, it's near impossible to understand how
that isolated function fits into the big picture.

And that's why we must all pray that Guy Decoux stays in good health. ;)