Hi,

I saw some references that looked sort of like Java on Ruby or vice
versa in the various Ruby links but all the links to this (whatever it
was) are broken in all pages I find them in.  What is the real story on
Java<->Ruby interaction and producing a Ruby that compiles to JVM
byte-codes and can read and manipulate Java objects?  This would be a
very, very good and useful thing if it existed.  For one thing, I would
use it exclusively if it were present and stable, from testing and
interactively implementing Java stuff (which most of my paying gigs
currently require).  For another, a really good OO interpreted language
like Ruby, accessible strongly from within Java would open up a lot more
users to the language.  Some 100 languages either have interpreters in
Java or compile to Java byte codes and more or less manipulate Java
objects.  I think Ruby very much should be among them.

In any case, I really want a good Java <-> Ruby story bad.  Is there any
such thing out there?  Is someone working on such?  If not, why not?

thanks.

- samantha