In article <200412151409.53542.andrew / walrond.org>, Andrew Walrond wrote:
[...]
>I'm not having a go at anybody; I merely wanted to emphasize that 330+ bug
>reports have been ignored because, as I explained, it's impossible to
[...]

They weren't ignored. The '[BUG] unknown node type 0' error is the common
symptom of any bug in the Ruby interpreter that "screws things up" in a
certain way.

i.e. it's just a symptom of the real problem which is "somebody corrupted
things sometime earlier".

Many of the bugs that could cause the error have been fixed.

I suspect that the usual way they are found and fixed is that someone thinks
hard about the (Ruby interpreter) code and sees a potential problem.

This is why whenever there is a report "I got a [BUG unknown node type 0", the
answer is usually "try the latest stable snapshot". It means that a bug was
fixed recently that could result in that error and perhaps that was the bug
the person was seeing.