On Wednesday 15 Dec 2004 13:55, Peter Hickman wrote:

> The problem is that if you cannot reproduce the bug on demand then how
> on earth is anyone going to see what is happening so that they can fix
> it and how are they going to be able to test that their fix has indeed
> worked. Without a clue as to how the bug is generated then what exactly
> do you expect people to do?
>
> The problem can only be addressed if you can show it to someone, thus

1) It's not that kind of bug. Its not reprodicible in that way. Programmers
are familiar with the "read random crap from uninitialised memory/variable",
or "scribble on the stack" type bugs which can exhibit this behaviour.

2) I can reproduce the bug on demand. I have a reproducible testcase on a
internet connected server which I have offered to the ruby developers for
debugging purposes.

I'm not having a go at anybody; I merely wanted to emphasize that 330+ bug
reports have been ignored because, as I explained, it's impossible to

> "Give a small code example reproducing the problem"

and to highlight my perception of the seriousness of this bug.

Andrew Walrond