In article <YsCvd.14841$3U4.403540 / news02.tsnz.net>,
Robo  <robo / mars.com> wrote:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Hi, I took an interest in genetic algorithm after reading this article:
>
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-genperl/
>
>The code listing is here:
>
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-genperl/numbers.html
>
>To gain a better understanding, I tried the convert the code to Ruby,
>and on the way I should be able to understand how it works.
>
>Unfortunately my lack of knowledge in genetic and Perl means I couldn't
>quite get the code working. When it runs, each generation doesn't seem
>to improve. It would be great if someone could take a look, compare it
>to the original Perl version and see where I've gone wrong, and the fix
>require to get it working. The code's attached to this post.

That's a lot of code. :)

If you're interested I've got some Ruby code I wrote for a GA class I took
a couple of years ago.  At least I know it works (as in there is
improvement from generation to generation).  email me if you're interested
and I'll try to dig it up.

Phil