itsme213 wrote:
> Michael,
>
> "Michael Neumann" <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote in message
> news:41B99583.1040406 / ntecs.de...
>

>>Stefan, did you have taken a look at Wee? Or are you using IOWA due to
>>it's templating engine? Wee is much more like the current Seaside by Avi
>>Bryant, but not a plain port thereof. It's still in development,
>>currently I'm mostly on documenting it:
>

> Wee is starting to look _really_ attractive. The size is lovely. One early
> suggestion:
>
> It may be better to not bake "render new page" into the render phase if that
> means a whole new html page. I think something along the lines of partial
> page replacement using xmlhttp, and the tiny bit of Javascript magic that
> Avi wrote for this, would be a very attractive alternative
> (http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/avi/blogView?showComments=true&tit
> le=Cosying%20up%20to%20the%20client-side&entry=3268075684) It is really a
> marvellous facility, and lines up quite well (I think) with Wee::Components.

(forwarded to Avi)

I think what you describe is best accomplished with callbacks, that do
what the render-phase or action-phase would do. Or maybe with
continuations. It's currently not possible to generate a response in the
action-phase in Wee. If I change this, and be able to just register an
action callback which returns some html, then this should work.
Probably, it's only a few lines to change ;-)

Not that I would make much use of it, as I think it's only usable in a
very few cases, and would probably break portability (JavaScript), but
if it results in a simplicification of the current Wee, then I'll
implement it.

Regards,

   Michael