>===== Original Message From "Guerry A. Semones" <gsemones / primary.net> =====
>> "Conrad Schneiker" <schneik / us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> >Kevin Smith wrote:
[...]
>> I think that this is lowest common denominator enough
>> that it should be possible to do this portably.  And it
>> would be very, very nice to have an easy way to get a
>> scriptable interface to someone else's GUI application.
>
>You might want to look at the Understanding Design Patterns message
>that was started from this thread.  It addresses your very issue....

Yes, it is possible to do if the GUI designer knows what
they are doing.

It is not done by default though, and I would like it if
the GUI toolkit did something like this by default.

The benefits in how easy it would be to write test suites
for the application would be a good argument by themselves.

Cheers,
Ben