Nick wrote:

> I've heard of this before. Try running this line and send me the output
>
>     ruby -e "p RUBY_PLATFORM"
>
> Nick
>

> Andreas Schwarz wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to build wxRuby 6.0 on Linux (Ubuntu). When I run make I
>> get an error because htmlproc.h is not found (it does not exist in the
>> Linux version of wxWidgets). I see that the html* object files are
>> removed from $objs in the extconf.rb if /linux/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM, but
>> still the Makefile tries to build them.
>>
>> $ ruby -v
>> ruby 1.8.2 (2004-08-24) [i386-linux]
>> $ wx-config --version
>> 2.4.2

I've had this problem on my Windows box, but I do not have this problem
on my linux box. I have the same setup and I do not get the same problem
with wxRuby 0.6.0 on my Debian box. I am also using wxWindows 2.4.2.

1 - My html*.h files are in my /usr/include/wx/html directory. Are they
in yours? If not, if you do a find, where are they located, and is that
path in your extconf.rb file? (Looking for path discrepanices here)

2- Do you get anything to compile or does it fail on the html*.h files
right off the start?

3- Do you have wxWindows src? and not just devel tools. I know w/Debian
there are a few different wxWindows packages available...

Zach