Just wanted to follow up on this, a month later: The speed issues I
thought were coming from Test::Unit was actually coming from a lot of
different issues relating to switching to Ruby 1.8.2 and using certain
libs inefficiently. Test::Unit doesn't seem to be causing any problems,
and it's definitely got a lot of nice features that make organizing my
test cases easier. Thanks, Nathaniel!

One question I haven't been able to resolve: Is there a way to use
multiple file args or fileglobs to have more than one test-case file
loaded in at the command line? When I do something like

ruby test/article/ArticleIndexElement.rb test/article/ArticleSummary.rb

or just

ruby test/article/*.rb

then Test::Unit seems to just load in the first TestCase and drop
everything else.

On Nov 9, 2004, at 8:38 PM, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> On Nov 9, 2004, at 20:28, Francis Hwang wrote:
>
>> Let me ask more specifically: Is anybody out there using Test::Unit
>> to run hundreds of tests? If you are, and have any tips as to how I
>> can manage the speed issue, your tips would be much much appreciated.
>
> Francis,
>
> I've certainly had test suites with hundreds of tests, and never
> seemed to have problems. Have you been able to run a profiler on it?
> I'd be more than willing to apply patches, especially if they don't
> affect the API.
>

> Nathaniel
> Terralien, Inc.
>
> <:((><