On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:32:22 +0900
Hans Fugal <fugalh / xmission.com> wrote:

> Brian Schr?der wrote:
> > I encountered some inconsistencies with x,y addressing of your board.
>
> I think, in retrospect, that what you thought were inconsistencies were
> just the result of my server using row-major order, whereas yours uses
> an inverted cartesian coordinate system. Either one is of course valid.
> It would be good to choose one or the other. Your server is much better
> code than mine and includes things I only dreamed of like threads. ;-)
> So I'll run both - Brians on fugal.net:1277 and mine on fugal.net:1276
>
> As a bit of trivia, 1276 is (1024 + ?T*3) (3 T's for tic-tac-toe)

Thank you! Call it a dumb question, but how are row-major, row-minor and
(inverted)-cartesion coordinate system defined.

I thought, row major would mean, that you have each row after another.

I could then simply adapt the adressing, to change to your protocol. This would
break no code of mine, and we could have only one server left.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schr?der