In message <AA21DE54-4C00-11D9-B79B-000A95C700E8 / bellsouth.net>, Kent
Sibilev <ksibilev / bellsouth.net> writes
>AFAIK, There is no official way to get names of method parameters. But
>you can try this:
>
>def m(a,b)
>end
>
>tracer = lambda do |*args|
>  p eval("local_variables", args[4]) if args[0] == 'call'
>end
>
>set_trace_func tracer
>m(1, 2)

I think what you are saying is that when it is "call", local variables
actually has a copy of the parameters, even though at a subsequent
"line" - say the next statement executed - the local variables may hold
more data items. Hadn't thought about it that way.

Thanks

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett