On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 10:52:18AM +0900, Dave Thomas scribed:

> I have no fixed ideas on the titles, but to give you an idea of the
> kinds of things I'm looking for, you might well see books come out
> named something like:
>
>   * Writing Ruby Extensions
>   * Using Ruby in the Semantic Web
>   * Creating E-Commerce Sites using Rails
>   * Rapid Application Development with Iowa
>   * Migrating from Java to Ruby

A book I wish I had the time to write, but I'm swamped:

  Using Ruby in Scientific Applications
   - Numerical applications
   - Analysis
   - Data Acquisition
   - Control
   - Visualization
   - Data archiving and retrieval

I haven't had a chance to play with the acquisition and control
aspects yet, so I don't actually know what would go into this book
-- but I really wish I already had it on my bookshelf.  Perhaps it
would turn into a giant users manual for NArray, but I think there's
a lot more.  I promise to buy copies and hand them to my colleagues
and students if someone writes it. ;)

  -Dave

--
work: dga / lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga / pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/