On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 04:12:28 +0900
Hans Fugal <fugalh / xmission.com> wrote:

> It would be good to be able to play against eachother when this is all
> over, so I propose the following 'protocol'. It's not complicated and
> probably not ready for tournament tic-tac-toe ;-), but it should do nicely.
>
> 3 entities - a game server and two players. The game waits for players
> to connect. Upon connection the game sends an arbitrary hello line, then
> the character representing this player, and the board size:

This is a good idea. Let me propose one enhancement to the protocol. If we
would submit the active player each time together with the board it would make
the client actions simpler. (Though now I've got the Idea that the active
player is always Player |non-nil-positions| mod 2...

But it would be nicer to have this explicitly.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schr?der