Eric Anderson wrote:
> I have a script that I want to ensure has flushed stdout after ever line
> of output. I have $stdout.sync=true but when I tried to do $stdout.fsync
> I get an Invalid Argument error. Not what I expect according to the docs.

fsync is only meaningful for files in a file system.  You probably want
to use $stdout.flush, but if you set $stdout.sync = true then
$stdout.flush is already being done implicitly.

> If posting the script would help I
> can post that also.

Maybe describing a little bit more about the connection between Apache
and your script would help, too.  Is a new script process created for
every URL?  If so, then this is likely not a buffering issue.  If not,
then you might be failing to reset some lingering state in the Ruby
interpreter between "calls" from Apache.

--
Glenn Parker | glenn.parker-AT-comcast.net | <http://www.tetrafoil.com/>