* Mohammad Khan <mkhan / lextranet.com> [1250 21:50]:
> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 09:29, Ruby Quiz wrote:
> > The three rules of Ruby Quiz:
> >
> > 1.  Please do not post any solutions or spoiler discussion for this quiz until
> > 48 hours have passed from the time on this message.
> >
> > 2.  Support Ruby Quiz by submitting ideas as often as you can:
> >
> > http://www.grayproductions.net/ruby_quiz/
> >
> > 3.  Enjoy!
> >
> > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> >
> > This week's Ruby Quiz is to implement an AI for playing Tic-Tac-Toe, with a
> > catch:  You're not allowed to embed any knowledge of the game into your creation
> > beyond how to make legal moves and recognizing that it has won or lost.
> >
> > Your program is expected to "learn" from the games it plays, until it masters
> > the game and can play flawlessly.
> >
> > Submissions can have any interface, but should be able to play against humans
> > interactively.  However, I also suggest making it easy to play against another
> > AI, so you can "teach" the program faster.
> >
> > Being able to monitor the learning progression and know when a program has
> > mastered the game would be very interesting, if you can manage it.
>
> Can I assume, it knows only the followings at the beginning:
>
> 1. How to make a move.
> 2. Board has come to winning position or not.

When I did this a while ago, I used libneural and the ai learnt what a good move
 was from what the human player did in a given position.

The Board itself knows when someone has one, so all the AI does is make moves
and train based on the board state.

--
You were doing well until everyone died - God