Hi,

I have two computers, both running a bunch of DRb services on them. The
services run on UNIX sockets with drbunix in order to use the OS file
permissions for access control.

How would I go about bridging the computers in a secure fashion so that
one computer's services can talk to the other? Preferably without
exposing the services to the network or using a NFS/Samba mount.

One way I am thinking about is using an SSH tunnel between the
computers (again, to benefit from the existing access controls in the
OS), and run a proxy service that proxies calls between the hosts.

Is that sensible? How would I go about writing that? Start proxy
service on both hosts, set up the tunnel to make them talk to each
other, set up new proxy object for each method call, wrap all
DRbObjects? Is there a better way?

Any pointers appreciated.

--
  -Ilmari