On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:42:04 +0900
James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2004, at 9:19 AM, Brian Schr?der wrote:
>
> > Oh, I couldn't resist this cribbling in my fingers...
>
> But I'll be blamed, of course.  :D
>
> > Can we access the state of the world
>
> The board?  I can't think of how you would "make legal moves" without
> it.

I expect the world to tell me what the legal moves are. Otherwise my agent
would have knowledge of workings of the world that she should not have.

> > or can we access the action the opponent took. If we can't access
> > anything, it will be quite hard to play perfect.
>
> If you see the board at move N and move N + 1, I suspect you'll know
> what your opponent did.

Well, no ;). If we don't know anything about the game played we also don't know
what moves are legal moves for the opponent, and in what the moves result. The
whole thing gets even harder if the world is probabilistic and we can't be
shure that our moves always result in the same change in the world.

But for the sake of simplicity I simply let my ai act, as if the world wasn't
probabilistic, and the good thing is - its right indeed.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian Schr?der