On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:24:41 +0900,
Michael Neumann <mneumann / ntecs.de> wrote:

> Stefan, did you have taken a look at Wee? Or are you using IOWA due to
> it's templating engine? Wee is much more like the current Seaside by Avi
> Bryant, but not a plain port thereof.

Well, Iowa is production quality, and I needed something right away.
It's quite convenient to work with (after the first date, which would
have turned out quite awkward, had I not found a chapter about it in
a book co-authored by some chap calling himself Stefan Schmiedl).
Together with Kansas, it fits my current needs quite good.

> It's still in development,
> currently I'm mostly on documenting it:
>
> http://www.ntecs.de/viewcvs/viewcvs/*checkout*/Wee/branches/dev/doc/rdoc/index.html?rev=363

Documentation is a Good Thing. I knew about your efforts on Wee (Armin
has mentioned it on our blog somewhere), but I don't have as much
playtime now as I would like to have.

> And someone mentioned that he's porting Mewa
> (http://www.adrian-lienhard.ch/files/mewa.pdf) over to Ruby/Wee.
>
> I'm currently further on extracting and cleaning up the core of Wee,
> which is independent of HTTP and HTML, and includes only the component
> logic (the session logic is pretty minimal). Templating is 100%
> choosable, but it comes with a programmatical HTML generation API.
> Lot's of parts of the source is now very clean, and all together it's
> 1600 LoC (600 for the core where near to 50% is documention)... And all
> memory holes have been fixed.

Looks very promising, Michael. I do hope that business will calm down
a little over the holidays, so that I can catchup on my backlog, after
which I could let it build up again by checking out Wee :-)

s.