Hi,

Jim Menard <jimm / fnord.io.com> wrote:
> I have not played with xmlparser's or expat's DOM interface at all. I *do*
> plan to create a writer that outputs XML from a Document object.
>
> In summation, my feeling is that this is not C, it's Ruby. Let's show off
> what Ruby can do.

Do you know Paul Prescod's PullDOM/EasyDOM ? It's written in Python.

http://www.prescod.net/python/eventdom/
http://www.prescod.net/python/pulldom.html

IMHO your feeling is close to Paul's one (if we rewrite 'Pythonic'
to 'Rubystic(?)' :-)).

> That is indeed a strong point. I'll think about what it might take to
> support both the interface I am developing and the expat/xmlparser
> interface. I'm not keen on it, but will consider the possiblity if enough
> people feel a burning desire for compatability. I won't guarantee 100%
> percent compatability, though: I want NQXML to be elegant (for *my*
> definition of elegant) instead of a clone of expat.

If you invent elegant interface for Ruby, we will implement
the same interface using XMLParser's API, to parse huge size
XML quickly and correctly.

Regards,

TAKAHASHI Masayoshi (maki / inac.co.jp)