On Thursday 09 December 2004 12:29 pm, Ibraheem Umaru-Mohammed wrote:
| ++ trans.  (T. Onoma) [ruby-talk] [10/12/04 00:43 +0900]:
| > That reminds me, do we have simple way to delete all empty strings from
| > an array, like compact is for nil?
|
| what's wrong with using Array#delete ?
|
|      --ibz.

Right. I was thinking #delete only removed the first match it came to. But no,
it does remove them all. So simple enough. Thanks.

BTW, I mis-tested Florian's example so disregard my last post on the subject
-- I see the point now.

To bring us back to the focal points, can we summarize the pros and cons for
the two ideas being presented:

  1. "" return value
  2. -1 default behavior

Thanks,