Hi all,

I bought the Gang of Four's "Design Patterns" book the other day,
and, as probably has happened with many people, I was inspired.

Near the beginning, it talks about designing for easy portability
between windowing systems, and thus introduces the Composite and
Bridge patterns.  Anyhow, the basic idea is that you write a
generic Window class, for instance, which acts as a wrapper to
whatever GUI Toolkit is desired at the moment.

This way, the GUI programmer has a standard way of programming,
and doesn't have to worry about the differences between GTK, TK,
FOX, etc.

Has anybody thought about this?  It doesn't seem like it would be
that hard to do.

Jimmy

--
jjthrash SPAM pobox SPAM com