itsme213 said:
> Do you think tt may be good to have a gem-recommended way of dealing with
> this more broadly? With gems gaining wider use this could be useful for
> any
> app (rubscript, an IDE, etc.) that needs to know about ruby's directory
> structure, and hence about gems.

Coincidently, on the rubygems-dev mailing list we just had a discussion on
the value of identifying an "API" for gems that identifies some kind of
programatic interface for doing gem related things.  These kinds of
operations certainly fall into that category.

Thanks for the feedback.  We certainly want to head in that direction.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org