Erik Veenstra said:
> I did a test (on Linux) with the progressbar example. Yes,
> RubyScript2Exe detects progressbar.rb [1] and yes, it is
> included in the executable [2]. But when the executable is run,
> require_gem only searches for progressbar.rb in its own dirs,
> not in the regular places. Resulting in an Gem::LoadError.

require_gem does not search for progressbar.rb.  It searches for the
progressbar *gem* (progressbar.rb gets required as a side effect if the
gem specifies an autorequire file).  Since you are not replicating the
gems metadata structure in your packaged app, its not surprizing that it
is not found.

There are a couple of ways of attacking this.  You /could/ replicate the
gem metadata (not really recommended).  Perhaps supplying a custom
require_gem that works in your packaged app.  I think the only thing the
custom require_gem would need to do is do a require on that gems
autorequire file (if any).

Contact me (or another gem developer) if you need help pursuing this.  We
would be glad to help.

--
-- Jim Weirich     jim / weirichhouse.org    http://onestepback.org