On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:16:02 +0100, Florian Gross wrote:

> Erik Veenstra wrote:
>
> > I just want to say that RubyScript2Exe 0.2.0 [1] has been
> > released. Both Windows and Linux are supported.
>
> Is a change list available somewhere? I couldn't find one on
> the homepage.

It's there, really... The Download section [1] has a link to
both [2] and [3]. I think you are interested in [2].

> Also while I'm writing to you, would it be possible to allow
> custom .DLLs and resources to be added? I have an application
> that uses a C++ extension which loads more .DLLs --
> RubyScript2Exe does not automatically include those and I
> can't find a way of manually including them that works. (I
> can unpack and repackage, but then the .DLLs will still not
> get loaded from the temporary directory.)

There's a link to Tar2RubyScript [4] on the page as well.
Tar2RubyScript generates a standalone Ruby script from an
existing directory, which contains a complete Ruby application
(scripts, DLL's and resources). This standalone Ruby script can
be converted to an executable with RubyScript2Exe.

That's how I distribute all my applications, complete with
resources, help files, licenses, readme, images, default
configurations, everything. Even including the graphical front
end (WXRuby or RubyWebDialogs [5]). And it just works...

 [1] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/index.html#6..Download
 [2] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/download.html
 [3] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/rubyscript2exe/history.txt.html
 [4] http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/tar2rubyscript/index.html