On Monday 06 December 2004 07:47 pm, Eric Hodel wrote:
> variable.c disagrees with you:

You guys are talking past each other ...

Itsme213: "Ruby freezes objects by freezing their instance variables"

Weirich Translation: When a Ruby object is frozen, the binding of its
instances variable names to values are made unchangeable (i.e. frozen).

Eric points to variable.c, which implements the policy annunciated by itsme.
And David correctly points out that the simple view of only looking at the
instance variables does not paint the whole picture (e.g. freezing arrays).

But as far as classes implemented in Ruby (as opposed to classes implemented
in C), the viewpoint is pretty right on.