On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:33:59 +0900, SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
> I'm developing YARV - Yet Another RubyVM. I'm looking for
> benchmark programs to evaluate YARV's performance. So, Does
> anyone have suitable benchmarks for this purpose?

I have made a ruby compatible regexp engine.. written entirely in Ruby.
It builds some rather big AST's and does some heavy computations.

On my 700 MHz box it takes 37.8 seconds to run the default tests.
And it takes 19.6 seconds to run all the ~1650 rubicon regexps.
There is 580 tests and 677 assertions (and 0 failures, 0 errors).

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/regexp/

--
Simon Strandgaard