In article <vcSsd.61264$K7.35690 / news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Dave Burt <dave / burt.id.au> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Phil Tomson recently suggested developing a duck image to represent ruby
>instead of the standard red stone thing.

Well, or maybe in addition to the red stone thing... a duck to represent
duck typing.

>Nikolai Weibull said this has been proposed before, but copyright
>encumbrance has been an issue.
>
>Phil said why the lucky stiff has talent. [ruby-talk:121973]
>
>Why the lucky stiff drew what is apparently The Only Copyrightless Duck In
>Recent History:
>http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/
>An awesome anatid AFAICS.

What is that fox (I'm assuming that's a fox) on the back of the duck
represent?  Is he whispering in the duck's ear?  I just get the feeling
that the fox (if it is a fox) has some deep psychological meaning perhaps
representing the duck's deap-seated, primordial fear of foxes.  Perhaps
it is the Fox of static typing?  (appologies, Why, if it's not a fox)

>My ducks are essentially copies of why's.
>
>This is my first small contribution:
>http://www.dave.burt.id.au/ruby/duck.ico
>(16x16x4bit and 32x32x4bit)
>
>The second is post-scripted as a sig should be.
>
>Cheers,
>Dave
>
> _   ___
>/ \ /   \
>\. |: cc|
> (.|:,---,
> (.|: \ c|
> (.    y-'
>  \ _ /
>   m m

I dunno. Looking at this ASCII version, I see a squirrel.

Phil