On Dec 6, 2004, at 8:15, Michael Neumann wrote:
> Dave, I've a patch that allows arbitrary markup blocks, like:
>
>   code{{{
>   foo:
>     :bar: 3
>   }}}

I'm guessing this doesn't help in this particular case, as the scanning
for directives would occur before this is executed.

> It could be used for:
>
>   * including html: html{{{ .... }}}

Does this patch work well with ri generation? In principle I like the
idea, but I'd also like to keep RDoc markup device independent, and
this seems to break that.

> Another thing I'd like to see is some kind of generic directive, like:
>
>   !source(test.rb)
>
> which is similar to the preprocess directive (:include:filename), but
> build into the markup, so that it can be more easily used (by rdoc
> extenders). Of course it should be generic, so that I can overwrite a
> ToHtml#handle_directive and implement my own directives.

Could you describe a use for this?

Cheers

Dave