> I started NQXML by mimicking parts of the SAX implementation. After
> thinking a bit, I decided that I preferred an approach that was more
> "purely OO" (whatever that means).

Jim, I am glad to hear that you are taking the approach that you are taking.
I have found the expat stuff combersome to use and was looking for something
a little more intuitive.  It will be nice to have something written purely
in Ruby, for Ruby.

As far as having the same interface as xmlparser, I would hold off on that.
See how the interface for NQXML evolves, and when the time comes, if enough
folk deem it necessary, perhaps we can throw a wrapper on top of the old
one, or on top of expat itself.

peace,
aaron