On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 02:32:51 +0900, trans.  (T. Onoma)
<transami / runbox.com> wrote:
> What's the proper way to uninstall RubyGems?
>
> If you wonder why I'd want to:
>   1. Screwy error messages.
>   2. RUBYOPT causes conflict with RPA and compiling Ruby.
>   3. I like setup.rb best anyway.
>
> What I like about it that I will miss?
>   1. Command line interface is well done.
>   2. Version control is a very nice feature.
>   3. Love the name.
>
> Unfortunately the later doesn't quite overcome the former, at least for my
> tastes.
>
> Thanks,
> T.

(for example)
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems*
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/
rm /usr/local/bin/gem* # be careful on this one

I'd love a list (sent personally to me, preferably) of the "Screwy"
error messages.  We're working on the RUBYOPT thing.

--

Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com