"Joe Van Dyk" <joe.vandyk / boeing.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:I868Ho.73v / news.boeing.com...
>I come from a heavy C++ background, discovered Ruby a few months ago and
> love it.
>
> I've found that using blocks is a very natural thing.  However, I have not
> once used 'yield'.  I'm sure that there are events when using yield would
> be
> helpful, but I have no clue when it would be appropriate to use.
>
> Thoughts?  When do you use the 'yield' statement in code?

When implementing Enumerable classes

class Endless
  include Enumerable
  def each
    i = 0
    loop do
      yield i
      i += 1

More generally when you don't need direct access to the block given and when
you don't need to forward it to another method call.  I think yield is
faster than the block form also.

Regards

    robert