Dave Thomas wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2004, at 8:23, Michael Neumann wrote:
>
>> I am totally happy with your current implementation. I only thought,
>> that sometimes it would be nice to describe the sections.
>

> You can do that (and the description appears under the section in the
> output). The recent patch allows you to add your separator lines before
> and after the description.
>
>> Collect all sections (of all files) and display them similar as the
>> "Files", "Classes" and "Methods" pane. For each section display all
>> methods that are in this section (of all classes).
>

> Absolutely - that's in the plans. But first, I have to see if people
> actually use the section idea. If it takes off, then I'll add lots of
> different bells and whistles for it. If not, then I won't clutter the
> code with extra stuff :)

Sure. What is even more useful IMO, is the ability to group
classes/modules into sections, not just methods. Looking at some rdoc
documentations, you see lots of classes, but don't see their
relationship. If all this information is available, one could write a
dynamic CGI-application, that behaves similar as a smalltalk class
browser...  similar to ri but much more powerful.

Regards,

   Michael