Oh, for Pete's sake. I actually read that Tim Bray entry when it came
out on Thursday ... and by Friday I had no memory of it at all. I think
I need a vacation.

Anyway, I do wonder if Ruby is the right solution for this. In theory,
you can write your code in an easy-to-write language, and then optimize
as you need to. I've done this a lot, though it's always in fields
where the business requirements are volatile. Weblogs.com might
represent a case where the business requirements are fairly fixed and
the speed requirement is known up front, which might mean in the end
you'll win out by writing in a faster, harsher language.

On Dec 4, 2004, at 12:03 AM, James Britt wrote:

> Francis Hwang wrote:
>
>> Are there people saying this could be done in any other language
>> besides C/C++?
>
> Yes.
>
> http://tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/12/02/WeblogsDotCom
>

> James