Leo Razoumov wrote in message ...
>Bottom line, Ruby does not have a mechanism to push an arbitrary
>local variable onto its local scope. And this is bad!

Why is it bad Leo?

Right now I cannot see how Ruby would be improved by this change.

Just because we could do it, we need to ask the question why first. Any
answers of the form "because 10 million lemmings cannot be wrong" are
not really answering the question. What problems are solved in Ruby by
making this change?

Personally I can see many potential errors that developers could make if
this kind of local variable were to be introduced. It's really easy to
confuse a local with a global.

Pete
----
Pete McBreen, McBreen.Consulting , Cochrane, AB
email: petemcbreen / acm.org    http://www.mcbreen.ab.ca/
Software development is meant to be fun,
     if it isn't the process is wrong