On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:01:26 +0900, Lyndon Samson
<lyndon.samson / gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a little app I call RAF ( Radar and Folio ), mostly as
> a ruby upskilling exercise, but maybe of use when its finished.
>
> It uses Fx and its purpose is to aggregate, filter and summarise all
> sorts of information, sort of a dashboard.

This sounds nice, I have been starting to write something like that a few
months ago, but web-based, and lost interest in it, mainly because there
were other things to do. A real desktop version is probably the better idea.
(As a side note, it was called e-over-h, guess why ;-))

> Currently I've 2 notifications
> 1. Email, checks for email received from 'special' people, returns a
> count of mundane vs special emails.
> 2. Worklog updates, checks your worklog text file is updated every hour.
>
> I've also though of rss filter on particular words.
>
> I'm interested in peoples ideas for others.

I'd certainly like a command-line tool to add a notification.  One could do
things like

    cd largeproject; make && raf-notify "Build done"

then.  This gets especially useful if possible over the network...

Happy hacking,
Christian Neukirchen