--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

* Thomas Kirchner <lists / halffull.org> [1209 23:09]:
> On Dec  4  7:55, Jamis Buck wrote:
> It really is the vim of editors. =20

I thought vim was the vim of editors?

> Also like vim, it has pretty good
> default settings (aside from mbox, imho).  It's the sort of thing you can
> set a few options in, be efficient in working with, and gradually set
> options the way you want over the course of... well, forever.  I've been
> using mutt for a while now and I still find neat new tricks.  They're not
> necessary things, but they're definitely far above and beyond Thunderbird
> or any other mail client.

<nods> You need to learn 5% of its commands for it to be as
good  as Your Other Mail Reader.

With mutt and vi, I try to invest an hour a week in checking for an
easier way to do <insert task i find yourself doing daily> , before long
you have a perfectly tailored mailreader.

To those intimidated by the array of options -=20
I have a .muttrc about 90 lines long, that supports pgp and a pretty
complex imap setup, every line is understandable. Bear in mind the .muttrcs
you see online have been built up over years by their owners.

=20
> Mutt has built-in pop support that (knowing mutt) should be sufficient,
> though I haven't used it.  I recommend getmail, a python mail fetcher.
> It's also very easy to configure and powerful.

Mutts pop support is great, easy to use and configure.

Only (possible) snag with mutt is requirement on a local mailserver
(well, at least a working copy of /usr/lib/sendmali) to send mail.
Not a showstopper, but one more thing to configure.

--=20
Oh. Your. God. - Bender

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW