On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:11:28AM +0900, R. Mark Volkmann wrote:
> If I have an item on a TkCanvas such as a Rectangle, is there a way to hide
> it temporarily and then show it later?

I don't know Ruby/Tk, but I do know Tk, and the canvas supports this via
itemconfigure -state {normal, hidden}. For mental guidance, the equivalent
tcl code would be sth like ..

	# ....
	canvas .c
	set id [.c create rectangle 50 50 200 200]
	.c itemconfigure $id -state hidden
	# .. lateron:
	.c itemconfigure $id -state normal

Of course if you're using tags etc. you can have whole groups disappear at
once and reappear later etc. I suggest reading the canvas manpage, it's huge
but has a lot of info too :-)

Hth,

-Martin