--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 07:55:32AM +0900, Jamis Buck wrote:
> Carl Youngblood wrote:
> >Hans Fugal wrote:
> >
> >>Ah, well can tell you're not a mutt user. You're apparently comparing=
=20
> >>gmail with a lame threading mail reader (or perhaps to slashdot or=20
> >>other web forums). I don't blame you for thinking gmail is superior.=20
> >>If you'd like I can send you a screenshot privately. Mutt does all of=
=20
> >>the things you mentioned - sorts threads and subthreads=20
> >>only read one message at a time, etc.
> >

> >Yep, I was actually thinking about Thunderbird.  I still haven't made=20
> >the leap to pure text-based email reading.
>=20
> For what it's worth, I tried mutt, once. I ran, screaming.=20
> (Metaphorically speaking.)
>=20

[snip]

> Also, I pop all my mail, and I haven't had the time to sit down and=20
> figure out how to get that to work with mutt.
>=20

Well - Mutt isn't really the tool you should use to fetch mail. Mutt is
by definition a Mail Reader Agent. I'd advise you to use fetchmail for
fetching the mail, and procmail for sorting the mail. And Mutt for
reading the mail.

That said - Mutt lacks a lot of features, and the dev-team is really
un-responsive to patches and bug-reports.

But - it's MUA of choise.

//Anders

--=20
=2E Anders Engstr=F6m         aengstrom / gnejs.net
=2E http://www.gnejs.net    PGP-Key: ED010E7F
=2E [Your mind is like an umbrella. It doesn't work unless you open it.] =
=20

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy