Carl Youngblood wrote:
> Hans Fugal wrote:
>
>> Ah, well can tell you're not a mutt user. You're apparently comparing
>> gmail with a lame threading mail reader (or perhaps to slashdot or
>> other web forums). I don't blame you for thinking gmail is superior.
>> If you'd like I can send you a screenshot privately. Mutt does all of
>> the things you mentioned - sorts threads and subthreads
>> only read one message at a time, etc.
>

> Yep, I was actually thinking about Thunderbird.  I still haven't made
> the leap to pure text-based email reading.

For what it's worth, I tried mutt, once. I ran, screaming.
(Metaphorically speaking.)

That said, it wasn't the UI that put me off. I mean, I've a vim guy, and
mutt seems to me to be to email clients what vim is to text editors. It
was the massive hodge-podge of options that you had to wade through to
set it up. I took one look at the options screen and went back to
Thunderbird.

Also, I pop all my mail, and I haven't had the time to sit down and
figure out how to get that to work with mutt.

Maybe someday I'll have the patience to try again. I'm sure I'd love it,
once I got used to it, but like you, Carl, I'm not quite ready for that
leap yet.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck